We’re very pleased to announce that Touchstone has achieved the standards required by the UK government’s Cyber Security Plus certification.
Developed by the UK government and cybersecurity industry, the Cyber Essentials scheme defines a standard of security controls for businesses in the UK. It outlines the controls that all organisations should implement to help mitigate risks from common internet-based threats. The Cyber-Security Plus certification is the highest level available and requires an independent audit of the controls and processes in place in order to be achieved.
Cyber Essentials plus concentrates on five key areas:
- Securing end to end connectivity to the internet through appropriate management of firewalls and internet gateways
- Strong access controls for data and services used by the organisation
- The secure configuration of software and devices used within the business
- Robust processes and mechanisms for protecting against viruses and other malware
- Effective patch management to ensure devices and software are up to date
Stuart Morris, Head of Touchstone Cloud comments, “Our Cyber Security Plus certification cements our commitment to continuous security improvement adding a level of external, independently verifiable assurance that we have effective measures in place to protect our systems and services.”