The digital economy is creating new realities for businesses across all sectors, from radical industry transformations to subtle shifts in market forces and buying behaviours and opportunities abound for those with the vision to pursue them, the key is Digital Transformation, whether that’s people, processes or systems, DT will have to be embraced and organisations will have to change in order to survive and thrive.
Infor has been working hard over the past couple of years at creating a technology platform will be the bedrock of Digital Transformation for users of their business applications. I’d even go as far as saying they have been visionary when it comes to this. Unlike other software authors who have multiple product streams, which all look, feel and work differently and don’t inter-operate, Infor have created a unifying technology platform, Infor OS which underpins all their applications, with a common UX (user experience), encourages collaboration through social media for business and intelligently pushes relevant information, in a timely manner to those who need to make decisions.
Infor OS is truly an operating service for the future, it serves as the underlying foundation for the entire enterprise, ensuring that systems work seamlessly together, deliver business insights automatically, and have the flexibility to support change quickly and easily. It has also been designed to serve as the foundation for Digital Transformation in whatever form it may take. It’s focus is on delivering technology that goes beyond enabling business; to driving it, putting the user at the centre of every experience. The result is a connected, intelligent network that automates, anticipates, predicts, and informs stakeholders in everything they do
They key tenet of Infor OS is to maximise the potential of both technology and people, through;
- Collaboration – it serves as an intelligent portal to the Infor application suite, establishing a common workflow and organising conversations into enterprise-wide streams where employees can share key screens, data, attachments, and documents. By marrying business processes to employee communications, Infor OS’s collaboration capabilities allow it to contextualise intelligence, make single sign-on a reality, and increase efficiency by enabling employees to work smarter and faster.
- Extensibility – rapidly develop robust enterprise capabilities based on business needs, whether you need an intuitive consumer-grade web interface or a high-productivity form, Infor OS can help create the right experience with minimal coding via desktop, tablet, or smartphone.
- Process Integration – easily integrate both Infor and third-party software applications with Infor OS’s purpose-build middleware solution. By providing a simple but powerful and scalable framework, Infor OS allows you to eliminate operational silos, dramatically improve exception management, and achieve unparalleled end-to-end efficiency.
- Business Intelligence – get pertinent, pre-built industry analytics content that works across enterprise systems and makes pivotal information easily accessible and actionable for users. Powered by Infor Birst, Infor OS leverages cloud-native BI, analytics, and data visualisation capabilities that draw on data from across the enterprise, providing a broad choice of modern, machine learning-infused, self-service analytics interfaces.
- Artificial Intelligence – The artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities of Infor OS are designed to maximise human potential by reducing the burden of repetitive administrative tasks and giving employees more time to do work that matters. Accessible via voice or chat, the AI capabilities of Infor OS automate tasks and draw data from across the enterprise to deliver insights both on-demand and proactively, based on continual analysis and learning.
- Data – easy access to real-time data from across the enterprise with all the data sources being wired together, with information from various sources aggregated into a data lake that makes analytics accessible across the organisation. Fast, reliable, and refreshed at the touch of a button, the data is visualised in real-time, giving users at all levels the information they need to make better decisions faster.
Building on a foundation established around collaboration, mobility, extensibility, and integration, Infor OS offers new capabilities that turns disruptive technology into a competitive advantage, reinventing how organisations work with and relate to their workforce, suppliers, customers, assets, and processes. The one constant is change, so any next generation business platform must be purpose-built to accommodate that, Infor OS will take change in its stride.