Professional Advantage has announced the end of sale for all variants of version 5 of its B4B module, effective 1st January 2019. This does not affect any other versions of B4B, only version 5 (and any variants). The Touchstone support and account management team have been contacting any of our existing customers who will be affected individually since this was announced, however, please take the time to read the information below.
The reasons for setting the end of life of B4B v5 include:-
1. Outdated technology
2. Non-compliance with newer versions of SunSystems (v6.3 onwards)
3. Functionally replaced by B4B v6.
What this means for you:
1. No B4Bv5 enhancement will occur – this policy has been in place since 2014
2. No new-format development orders will be accepted after 31st December 2018
3. End of support - Help Desk support will be limited to telephone support only. Bug fixes and enhancements will only be done in the B4Bv6 product. Telephone support will continue for a minimum of 18 months from 1st January 2019
4. Mandatory (changes to the format made by the bank) bank format change requests will only be accepted up until 31st December 2019.
B4B v6.3 is available (and includes email remittances functionality, PGP encryption and the ability to run in a browser), however we are also currently awaiting the release of B4Bv6.4 (due end Jan ’19) which includes some bug fixes.
There is no software charge nor maintenance increase to migrate to v6.x unless a new bank format is required for development. You will be provided both v5 and v6 license keys to allow for parallel operation on request for up to 6 months. Services to perform the upgrade will be chargeable, please get in touch with your account manager to discuss your options for upgrading.
If you are already in discussions regarding an upgrade of SunSystems, this migration to B4B v6+ will be incorporated as part of that. As not all v5 formats are currently available, we will be reviewing each client individually over the coming months to assess your specific formats and requirements and to discuss your options for upgrading.
We will be hosting a Webinar, B4B: v5 End of Life for Touchstone clients to talk through the End of Life process for Professional Advantage modules, and we will also discuss your options for upgrading and next steps. There will be a Q&A session at the end of this webinar, please register for the webinar.
If you are not an existing Touchstone customer but would like more information about SunSystems or the Professional Advantage Modules, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us, we will be only too happy to help.